If you’re considering doing a CEO blog, here are 7 tips to help you develop your CEO blog concept:
- Do background research to help clarify the purpose of your CEO blog
- Develop a vision for your CEO blog that will help you define clear business goals for the blog.
- Identify your CEO blog audiences.
- Identify your own extensive list of CEO blog topics and create an editorial schedule for your CEO to follow.
- Develop guidelines for the CEO blog to ensure:
- everyone knows how the blog will be managed;
- the authentic voice of the CEO comes through, written in his or her own words and not edited by anyone but the CEO;
- there is a clear comments policy articulated on the CEO blog.
- Consider important factors in moving forward with your CEO blog concept by asking yourself and your CEO the tough questions on your mind.
- Define your CEO blog success criteria (e.g. number and nature of comments a blog post receives).
Tell us about other tips you feel are important when developing a CEO blog concept and strategy?